Here are the steps to share a file on Google Drive.
- First, select a file to share and right-click on it. Click on Share…
- The following menu appears. This is where all sharing options are set:
- Click on the grey rectangle that is below the “Link sharing on” text. You will be presented with the possible Google Drive file sharing permissions. For the purpose of this example, we select “Anyone with the link can view“. This mean that your file will be shared in a read-only mode. But it won’t appear for anyone, unless he has the sharing link.
- You can also specify a list of people who have permissions on the file. Enter their email addresses or their names and select the permission type:
- At this point, you have the possibility to save your settings by clicking on Done, on to go advanced. In the advanced mode, you can share the link on major social networks: Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter. To do that, click on Advanced
You can see there are four vehicles to use for sharing: e-mail, Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter: