All day I practiced deep breathing. I mean, inhale slowly with my nose until my lungs are full and exhale totally through my mouth until my lungs are “empty” and my stomach is stressed.
Does it have benefits? I totally agree:
– I am more focused on what is most important to me at one time,
– I can work steadily without feeling tired,
– I did not feel depressed or anxious,
– I had bright ideas popping out of my head :-)
– I feel more confident about my abilities and my future
– I feel I can enjoy my life more
It may take some effort to monitor oneself breathing pattern. But it will definitely pay off in terms of increased energy, calmness and focus.
Update on August 1st: I got a copy of Breathing, The Masterkey to Self Healing, by Andrew Weil. I did two “breathworks” and I felt very drousy and thoughtless. I was a little sweating and felt some kind of white noise in my ears, like coming from a hard rock concert. This confirms the power of deep breathing. So Since I’m coming from an emotional breakdown, I’m going to incorporate at least 10mn of meditation/focused breathing before sleep each day.