I wrote in a previous post that I dumped P90X, although I used to practice the P90X routines for years, without changing anything to my diet. Well that led to the fact that I did not notice big changes in my body, let alone in my physiology. I was always lacking energy and feeling drousy most of the time on weekends.
Still, in the early days of my new journey in Germany, I continued doing P90X, sort of maintaining some level of a healthy lifestyle. But deep inside, I was not satisfied.
I needed a new workout routine. For that matter, I imagined a list of criteria that must satisfy my new workout routine.
What my new workout routine should look like
the ideal workout routine for me should:
- focus on increasing energy, cardio health and overall body shaping
- be tried and tested by hundreds of people before me
- lead to a body shape that I want to have, or at least approach to have.
- not be some get six-pack abs quick scheme
- not exceed 30 minutes per day
- not require external accessories like jumping rope or weights. A Yoga mat is tolerable. And I have one by the way, which I’ve bought as soon as I moved from Regensburg to Munich.
I opted for Insanity Max 30. Let’s see how things develop.