Tired of manually placing incoming email into folders? Exhausted from deleting junk email and reporting it as spam? a Gmail filter is the answer you need.
Gmail filters allow to apply a certain treatment to your flow of incoming mail. With a Gmail filter, you can label mails, add a star, move to a folder or even to spam.
Here is how to do it:
- Go to your Gmail account
- in the search area, click on the down arrow
- type your search criteria. For example, I’m going to search for all emails coming from Neil Patel
- To create a filter, click on the bottom link Create filter with this search
- set the type of action you’d like to see. For example, I’m going to direct all incoming mails from Neil Patel to a new folder called Blogging. Note that, in Gmail, folders are associated with “labels”. Two mails with different labels will be put in two different folders.
- set the checkbox Also apply filter to matching conversations.
- Click on Create filter button.
I hope your Gmail experience will become more pleasant with this easy tutorial.