How do you know if you have Apache installed?
#1 Checking the Apache Version Using WebHost Manager
- Find the Server Status section and click Apache Status. You can start typing “apache” in the search menu to quickly narrow your selection.
- The current version of Apache appears next to the server version on the Apache status page. In this case, it is version 2.4.
Where is Apache installed on Linux?
Like many Linux-based applications, Apache functions through the use of configuration files. They are all located in the /etc/apache2/ directory.
How do you tell if Apache is installed on a Windows server?
Navigate to your XAMPP folder, enter your Apache folder, enter your bin folder, right click on httpd.exe. The tabs on the top will be General/ Compatibility/ Details/ Previous Versions, we want the Details tab and there it will list the File version and Product version.
Where is Apache installed on Windows?
Installing Apache for Windows
- the directory to install Apache into (the default is Program FilesApache GroupApache although you can change this to any other directory)
- the start menu name (default is “Apache Web Server”)
- the installation type. The “Typical” option installs everything except the source code.
Is Apache installed on Ubuntu?
Apache is available within Ubuntu’s default software repositories, making it possible to install it using conventional package management tools.
How do I enable Apache on Ubuntu?
Debian/Ubuntu Linux Specific Commands to Start/Stop/Restart Apache
- Restart Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. $ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. …
- To stop Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 stop. …
- To start Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 start.
How do I run Apache on Windows?
Install Apache Service
- In your Command Prompt window, enter (or paste) the following command: httpd.exe -k install -n “Apache HTTP Server”
- From your Command Prompt window enter the following command and press ‘Enter.
- Restart your server and open a web browser once you are logged back in.
How do I start Apache on Windows?
You can also run Apache via the shortcut Start Apache in Console placed to Start Menu –> Programs –> Apache HTTP Server 2.0. xx –> Control Apache Server during the installation. This will open a console window and start Apache inside it.
How do I uninstall Apache?
Navigate to the “Program Files” folder, press “Shift,” select the “Apache Software Foundation” folder and press “Delete” to delete it.