If you don’t see the “ServerTokens” and “ServerSignature” sections, simply add the necessary lines to the bottom of your configuration file. The next section down should be the “ServerSignature” section. Turning this off hides the information from server-generated pages (e.g. Internal Server Error). Restart Apache.
How do I hide Apache version and OS identity from errors?
How to hide Apache Version and OS Identity from Errors in Apache HTTP server
- Open the httpd.conf/apache2.conf file based on the OS. # vim /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf (RHEL/CentOS/Fedora) …
- Add the below configuration to httpd.conf/apache2.conf and Save the file. ServerSignature Off. …
- Restart the Server and That’s It.
How do I hide my server name?
How To Remove Server Name From Apache Response Header
- Open Apache Config File. Open terminal and run the following command to open Apache main configuration file. …
- Turn Off Server Signature. Add/modify the following lines to hide server information in Apache. …
- Restart Apache Server.
How do I hide my HTTP server signature?
Open up a terminal window and issue the command sudo nano /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/security. conf. Within that file, search for SeverTokens and set it to Prod, then search for ServerSignature and set it to Off (Figure A).
What is Apache ServerTokens?
ServerTokens. It determines if the server response header field that is sent back to clients contains a description of the server OS-type and info concerning enabled Apache modules.
How do I hide the Apache server version number?
Hide Apache Version and OS
Log into SSH as root. Edit your Apache server configuration file using Nano (or your preferred text editor). If you don’t see the “ServerTokens” and “ServerSignature” sections, simply add the necessary lines to the bottom of your configuration file.
What is server Version disclosure?
Severity: Low. Summary. Netsparker identified a version disclosure (IIS) in the target web server’s HTTP response. This information can help an attacker gain a greater understanding of the systems in use and potentially develop further attacks targeted at the specific version of IIS.
How do I remove server information from response header?
- Open the IIS Manager.
- Select the website that Secret Server is running under.
- Select “HTTP Response Headers”
- Select the “X-Powered-By” HTTP Header and select “Remove”
How do I change Apache server name to server headers?
The steps below are for non-cPanel servers.
- Log into SSH as root.
- Edit your Apache configuration file. CentOS: …
- Add or change the following lines as follows. …
- You can remove, or disable (#), the “ServerSignature” line if enabled.
- Save your changes.
- Restart Apache. …
- Check your Apache servername.
How set httpd conf header?
Tutorial Apache – Add a header using HTACCESS
- Install the Apache server. …
- Enable the required Apache modules. …
- Edit the Apache configuration file. …
- Add the following lines at the end of the file. …
- Create an HTACCESS file on the website directory. …
- Add the following lines to this configuration file.
Is Apache Web server secure?
Apache is built to be stable and secure, but it will only be as secure as the user who configures it. Once Apache is built and installed, it’s important to configure the server to be as minimal as possible.
What is server signature?
A server signature is the public identity of your web server and contains sensitive information that could be used to exploit any known vulnerability. Turning your server signature OFF is considered a good security practice to avoid disclosure of what software versions you are running.
What is ServerTokens prod?
The first one, ServerSignature Off tells apache not to display the server version on error pages, or other pages it generates. The second one ServerTokens Prod tells apache to only return Apache in the Server header, returned on every page request.
What is server Admin in Apache?
The ServerAdmin sets the contact address that the server includes in any error messages it returns to the client.
How do I remove a directory listing in Apache?
Disable Apache directory listing via Directory’s Options directive
- Open Apache’s configuration file using your preferred text editor. $ sudo vi /etc/apache2/other/mysite.conf. …
- Add -Indexes to Options directive for required directory. …
- Restart Apache for the changes to take effect.