All the configuration files for Apache are located in /etc/httpd/conf and /etc/httpd/conf. d . The data for websites you’ll run with Apache is located in /var/www by default, but you can change that if you want.
How do I access Apache files?
How to Access the Apache Configuration Files on Your web Server
- Log in to your website with the root user via a terminal and navigate to the configuration files in the folder located at /etc/httpd/ by typing cd /etc/httpd/.
- Press the Insert key to begin editing the file.
Where is Apache installed on Windows?
Installing Apache for Windows
- the directory to install Apache into (the default is Program FilesApache GroupApache although you can change this to any other directory)
- the start menu name (default is “Apache Web Server”)
- the installation type. The “Typical” option installs everything except the source code.
Where is my .htaccess file Apache?
htaccess file can be found at /opt/bitnami/APPNAME/. htaccess. Some applications do not have the /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/vhosts/htaccess/APPNAME-htaccess. conf file.
How do I restart httpd?
How do I restart httpd service? You can use the service or systemctl command to restart httpd server. Another option is use /etc/init. d/httpd service script.
How do I know if Apache is installed?
Apache HTTP web server
Go to http://server-ip:80 on your web browser. A page saying your Apache server is running properly should show up. This command will show whether Apache is running or has stopped.
How do I restart Apache on Windows 10?
- Click the start button and type CMD (if on Windows Vista or later and Apache is installed as a service make sure this is an elevated command prompt)
- In the command window that appears type cd C:xamppapachebin (the default installation path for Xampp)
- Then type httpd -k restart.
How do I use Apache?
How to Set Up Apache Server in Linux
- Update your system repositories. This involves downloading the most recent version of a software by updating the Ubuntu repositories’ local package index. …
- Install Apache by using the “apt” command. For this example, let’s use Apache2. …
- Verify Apache has been successfully installed.
Why can’t I see my .htaccess file?
If you don’t see the . htaccess file (or any dotfiles) in File Manager, scroll to the bottom of cPanel. Then click on “Reset All Interface Settings”. Afterward, clicking on “File Manager” should get you the popup.
How do I access .htaccess file?
Where is my . htaccess file?
- Login to your cPanel.
- Under the Files section, click on File Manager.
- Locate your . htaccess file, you may have to show hidden files.
What is htaccess file in Apache?
htaccess files (or “distributed configuration files”) provide a way to make configuration changes on a per-directory basis. A file, containing one or more configuration directives, is placed in a particular document directory, and the directives apply to that directory, and all subdirectories thereof.
How long does it take to restart Apache?
By default it is set to 0 (infinite). 5 seconds is a more reasonable value. This can also be changed for individual units using the TimeoutStopSec option.
How do I start Apache in Termux?
Here below is the step-by-step guide to setup Termux and Apache on your device. Step 1: Download the Termux app from Google Play Store. Step 2: After the installation is complete, open Termux and type the following commands to update pre-installed packages and to installed apache2 package.
How do I restart Apache on Mac?
Start, stop or restart Apache 2 Web Server from terminal on Mac…
- Start Apache server command: sudo /usr/sbin/apachectl start. or sudo apachectl start.
- Stop Apache server command: sudo /usr/sbin/apachectl stop. or sudo apachectl stop.
- Restart Apache server command: sudo /usr/sbin/apachectl restart. or sudo apachectl restart.