Should I disable ModSecurity?
We will not recommend to disable Mod-Security on your account. Mod_security module helps to protect your website from various attacks. If mod-security is disabled on your account, your website will be at risk from vulnerabilities.
What is ModSecurity in cPanel?
ModSecurity is a web application firewall. It monitors incoming web traffic for threats in real-time, blocking malicious connections before they reach applications.
How do I turn off security mode?
How to Disable mod_security in Apache
- Open . htaccess file. . …
- Disable mod_security in . htaccess. Add the following code to your . …
- Restart Apache web server. Restart Apache web server to apply changes. …
- Log into cPanel. Log into cPanel and go to Security section.
- Disable mod_security in cPanel. Click mod_security icon.
Where is ModSecurity in cPanel?
To disable/enable ModSecurity in cPanel:
- Go to yourdomain.com/cpanel and log in.
- Navigate to Security section, look for ModSecurity option.
- Here you can Disable/Enable ModSecurity for all domains. Or, you can choose an individual domain on which to disable/enable ModSecurity. Click the On/Off button.
What are ModSecurity rules?
The OWASP ModSecurity Core Rule Set (CRS) is a set of generic attack detection rules for use with ModSecurity or compatible web application firewalls. The CRS aims to protect web applications from a wide range of attacks, including the OWASP Top Ten, with a minimum of false alerts.
Do you need ModSecurity?
For ecommerce purposes, ModSecurity is an essential piece of PCI DSS compliance, helping satisfy Requirement 6.6 by helping shield your site against external threats. Therefore, we strongly advise against disabling or uninstalling the module.
How do I set up ModSecurity?
- Copy the default ModSecurity configuration file to a new file: Copy. …
- Edit the ModSecurity configuration file with Vi, Vim, Emacs, or Nano. Copy. …
- Near the top of the file, you’ll see SecRuleEngine DetectionOnly . Change DetectionOnly to On .
- Save changes.
- Restart Apache: Copy.
What is ModSecurity error?
It simply states that you do not have permission to access / on the server. Depending on the exact link where you get the error, the path may vary. ModSecurity works in the background, and every page request is being checked against various rules to filter out those requests which seem malicious.