Summary of the configuration steps
- have in mind the subnet you are going to use for out of band, and its gateway IP address.
- assign the OOB subnet to selected nodes
- define an OOB contract, with a subject and a default filter. This contract will be used in both directions: provide and consume.
- set the OOB contract as a provided contract by the default OOB EPG
- create an External Network Instance Profile
- set the OOB contract as a consumed contract by the external management network instance profile.
Detailed configuration steps
- position yourself on tenant mgmt
- Create a Node Management Address:
- give it a name next to Policy Name
- Select Nodes by: choose specific then select the nodes that will receive IP addresses
- under Config select “out-of-band addresses”
- select the default EPG as the Out-of-band Management EPG
- define the out-of-band gateway.
- define the subnet range of OOB IP addresses that will be assigned to the previously selected nodes.
- Position your self under Out-of-Band Contracts. Prior to ACI v4 you click on Security Policies. In ACI v4 you find the OOB Contracts menu under Contracts directly.
- define a new contract name
- expand the Subjects by clicking on the plus sign:
- name the subject:
- Expand the Filters
- select the filter default from the drop down list:
- select the default out-of-band EPG under Node Management EPGs
- click on it and expand the Provided Out-of-Band Contracts. Select the previously created contract:
- Create a External Management Network Instance Profile
Give it a name:
- expand Consumed Out-of-Band Contracts and select the same OOB contract created before:
Additional Ressources on Configuring OOB Management on ACI
- Configure the OOB for ACI Fabric, prior to v4: https://community.cisco.com/legacyfs/online/attachments/discussion/aci-oob-part1_tdeleon.pdf