Make sure to read about similar topics from the CCNP Collaboration track here.
CUCM route lists, Route patterns and route groups trace the path of a call inside a company and outside of it. The Cisco best practice is:
- to point a route pattern to a route list
- to point a route list to one or more route groups
- to point a route group to one or more devices.
To learn more about route lists before starting with the config, I suggest you check this good theoretical introduction.
Implementation of the Example Setup
I configured for HQ site:
- a CUCM route list named CorpHQ-RL
- a route group named CorpHQ-RG that points to the HQ H.323 gateway.
I configured the same for Branch1:
- a CUCM route list named Branch1-RL
- a route group named Branch1–RG that points to the Branch1 H.323 gateway.
Let us start with HQ site:
In my home lab, I pointed all route patterns to the same route list. For example, pattern 911:
Now the branch site:
The same pattern 911 in the Branch1 office points to the Branch1-RL.