ANP or Application Network Profile:
- is simply a container for EPGs. For example, in the network-centric mode, you can name the application profile as “VLANs” because we know that in this mode, only one VLAN maps to an EPG each time.
- In APIC GUI is presented as simply Application Profile
- must be configured before even creating EPGs
- while creating the Application Network Profile you can create EPGs as well. Or you can leave creating EPGs later on.
- define usually the logical scope of an application
Configuring Application Profiles
The configuration is simple:
During the configuration of the Application Profile we can define its associated EPGs (by clicking on the + sign), or leave this for a later time: